Thursday, June 6, 2019

Entry 3

June 3rd
Back from doctors. All of a sudden I had doc appointment today show up in my medical app on my phone this morning and just got back.  So very difficult for me, but not probably most people. For someone with anxiety issues like myself, it's hard to suddenly get going out of the blue for a doc. So in the room was Jonathan (I always make him come in), the nurse practitioner (I liked her) and the doctor (I liked him) and a med student (a very quiet young woman), they all checked all my lumps and found another in my neck. They said the one on my back is probably just a fatty lump, but the concern was the one under my arm that I noticed and it started hurting 4 days ago, they all poked so much and it really hurt, like grinding my teeth hurt. There were no groin lumps or breast lumps and thank goodness no bone pain. Which is all great. I got through it, it wasn't until the doctor started talking that I just had to break down as I was overwhelmed and had to grab Jonathan's arm. As soon as I stopped we all talked finally, so he mentioned possible lymphoma which he said is very treatable, but he also wants to fully rule out breast cancer with a mammogram, and wants to do a syringe biopsy of the one under my arm as well as more bloodwork and maybe a PET scan. We will not know anything for sure until after all tests are done and I go back in 3 weeks. Step one, more blood work, was done at their lab on the way out. Step 2 is this year's mammogram to rule out breast cancer, and step 3 is a biopsy of the lump under my arm. I may go in earlier to see him if we can get all the tests done and he calls for me to do so. Poor Barnaby is so very glad we are home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 14 and 16th what's a family day

My hubby gave me a special Valentine's Day gift, I love sloths. But this is not just a Valentine, but also a Family Day gift...