Monday, October 28, 2019

My Condiment Summer Salad Dressing

Summer is here and with it come summer salads of all kinds. I think I eat salads of all types more than anything else at a BBQ.
So in that spirit here is my “Condiment Summer Salad Dressing”.

Ingredients:

5 heaping tbsp mayo or miracle whip, for a healthier salad, use the low fat/light version

½ tbsp Dijon mustard

½ tbsp regular mustard

1 tbsp creamy horseradish OR ¼ tbsp regular horseradish

1 tbsp pickle relish

1 tsp catsup, for a bit of zing

1 diced small onion, always great in the mix, but optional

Salt

Pepper

Italian Seasoning

Directions:

Blend everything except the salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning in a bowl.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning across the top and blend well.
Add to the salad of your choice and mix thoroughly
Taste test your salad and sprinkle some more salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning as needed.

Ideas:

I use this for both potato and macaroni salads. In my macaroni salad, I add tuna and peas, in the potato you can add a hard-boiled egg if you wish. Experiment with this dressing, I think you will find it is very useful.

you can make a dip for kielbasa by taking a few ingredients away and subtract these items 

subtract 
Italian seasoning 
pepper and salt
onion 
ketchup
pickle relish

instead, add 
honey
and diced kielbasa for dipping



No comments:

Post a Comment

February 14 and 16th what's a family day

My hubby gave me a special Valentine's Day gift, I love sloths. But this is not just a Valentine, but also a Family Day gift...