Tuesday, November 5, 2019

A couple days until chemo number 5

I have noticed this month I am getting sicker not in the way of cancer but the chemo is taking a lot out of me I am tired I get out of breath easier my blood pressure and pulse rise fast when upset now and my legs give out more often, the first half I was feeling better I think becuase it was getting rid of cancer so I was feeling stronger what I didn't realize or actually forgot was what the chemo actually does to your system I  had a friend die during chemo becuase of the chemo she got  pneumonia and died on Christmas at her daughters house this was in the 90s . I know today we are getting more steroids and the thing that I get on my arm for next day shot to boost my immune system.

I am a little afraid of these last 2 on if my system can take it I was glad I could get things done before but now it seems I rest a lot more. well, I can not wait until they are done and I pray I will need no more treatments for years.




In our yard sits our “new” used Chevy Tahoe. We saw it on Craigslist and it looked great. The owner had done a lot of work on it replacing parts that weren’t a problem yet but could be in the next 5 years as he actually was planning on keeping it, but he and his wife just had a baby and she wanted a smaller SUV and her father gave them a 5-year-old Cherokee. You do not turn a gift like that down, especially when it suits a new family. Jonathan went to look at it and found a kind young man who explained and showed him all that was done and receipts. Jonathan drove it and it was so roomy and comfortable and drove perfectly. It is fully loaded, and for a 2004 it looks and drives like new, I saw only one tiny scratch on the hood and a small rip that we can fix in the driver’s seat. The Carfax also documented all the work that had been done and listed only one report of damage. It turns out that the previous owner’s wife had backed into a trailer and broken the taillight, no other damage or dents. While it is definitely older, than we really planned, I haven't seen such a clean and beautiful older vehicle as this or ridden in such a smooth vehicle in years. That year Tahoe gets great marks for reliability and pretty much anything that may fail after years he preemptively replaced, awesome!

In talking with the man we found out he is a state trooper and just seemed to be a really nice person. He could have gotten top money for it, but we got it for a lot less, like 1/3 less because he really just wanted to get back the money he had put in since he had been blessed with the new Cherokee from his father-in-law. It was still just about all we had scraped together for a vehicle because even with insurance we still have thousands to pay for with my chemo and treatments. The trooper paid for a new inspection, even though it is valid until January, which will be today, and if they find anything he said he would fix it or give us our money back and signed a statement for that. I want to thank this man from the bottom of my heart, Jonathan loves it and is so comfortable in it as it is so roomy and everything adjusts, the driver’s seat, steering wheel, and even the pedals, so cool. This vehicle is truly a blessing I thank the trooper and God for making our lives so so so much easier. I also thank previous owners for taking such good care of it and being such great drivers. we are BLESSED

2 comments:

  1. Stay strong, stay positive... stay away from asshats so that you can focus 100% on your health and recovery.

    I admire you and your true grit!

    ReplyDelete

February 14 and 16th what's a family day

My hubby gave me a special Valentine's Day gift, I love sloths. But this is not just a Valentine, but also a Family Day gift...